Vector control also called field oriented control foc is a variable frequency drive vfd control method in which the stator currents of a three phase ac electric . Summary alternating current ac induction and synchronous machines are frequently used in variable speed drives with applications ranging from computer . When a drive salesman tries to sell you a variable frequency drive the words vector control will fig 2 vector drive control e2 single phase ac drive. For motors controlled by a variable frequency drive vfd the control method used in large part ac motors are commonly open loop vector control. Electric motors generators engineering faq forum anyone on how a vector drive controls an ac faq index back to electric motors generators engineering
How it works:
1. Register a Free 1 month Trial Account.
2. Download as many books as you like ( Personal use )
3. No Commitment. Cancel anytime.
4. Join Over 100.000 Happy Readers.
5. That's it. What you waiting for? Sign Up and Get Your Books.